I never could understand my grandma's complex personality. She had a pretty sharp tongue and a way of doing things. But one thing is for sure, she really loves her great-grandchildren. We call her Babachan now. Madison got to visit Babachan for the first time on Easter. It was a joy to watch Babachan stare into Madison's eyes with so much love. Even after 93 years, Babachan was a pro at carrying babies. She soothed Madison and put her to sleep. Don't know how many more years Babachan has, but one thing is for sure, I'm not looking back. Gone is the tough exterior my grandma always had. When I gave Madison to Babachan, she held the baby and thought it was me for a little bit. She caught herself and looked at me and realized I'm no longer a child. Before we left, Babachan offered a little bit of mommy advice to me, too.
All I know is that I'm looking forward and building new moments with Babachan and the girls.
Heart-warming story Rae. You are truly blessed to have her in your life and to share her with your girls as well.
ReplyDeleteP.S. --Love the video post. inspiration to try it. Do you have a flip cam?
@Jenn...I don't have a flip cam, but I just use my regular digital camera (Canon) to record video of random life moments.
ReplyDelete