As a reading/writing teacher, I love to read and write with my students. My students really enjoy listening to my stories and hearing about the adventures I have with my books. I recently found a sample response to literature I wrote with my students several years back to a wonderful book called "Wilma Unlimited". The book is about an Olympic gold medal track runner named Wilma Rudolph who suffered from childhood Polio. Wilma was able to beat the disease and 8 years later win a gold medal in track and field at the Olympics. This was such an amazing true life story. My response to the book was my adventures as a new mommy. I was pregnant with Maya at the time and I wrote about my will to become the best mommy I can be for Maya. My students really enjoyed listening to my connection. Below is the response I wrote:
Tenacity
Right now, a life is growing inside of me. A baby girl named Maya is getting ready to make her grand entrance into the world. I have never been a parent before, and I am a little uncertain at times. All sorts of questions run through my mind. At times, I worry about the future. However, one thing is for sure! I love baby Maya with all my heart. As baby Maya grows each day, so does my tenacity to create a wonderful environment of love for her. I will do anything for her and I will do whatever it takes to help her grow into a beautiful, strong, and loving person. I can tell baby Maya has tenacity, too because she kicks really hard inside of my stomach. Her kicks sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. I am so excited and I cannot wait to meet baby Maya!
No comments:
Post a Comment