Today I went with my little Bee to her dress fitting for her flower girl dress. She will be a flower girl in one of her most favorite uncle's wedding. This uncle of her's and I go waaay back. He's like a brother to me and we've been through a lot together. From college, to starting our careers, to now marriage, my best pal has been by my side. I'm so thrilled to see my best pal tie the knot with his fiance, whom I've grown to be good friends with, too.
As we were trying on dresses at the bridal shop, I saw all these mothers and daughters. I teared up a little thinking that one day soon, I will have to give my daughters away at their weddings. My little girl looked so grown up in her flower girl dress. My best pal turned to me and said, "No worries mama, not till another 30 years."
It made me think how fast time flies. In a blink of an eye, our keiki grow up. It seems like just yesterday, my little Bee was a baby with cholic who cried constantly. It seemed like agony at the time, all those sleepless nights and endless crying. And just like that, she's grown up to be such a lovely little lady. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss those sleepless nights now. I wonder why those beginning stages of Mommyhood have to be so hard. Holding my little bee and cuddling her was the best thing ever. Now, she's on her way to finding her independence. I relish the moments when she cuddles up next to me for some extended "Mama Love".
A part of my mommy heart wants to keep my little girls babies forever. I want them to stay these cute, little, cuddly smiling faces. But, my mommy mind knows and takes pride in teaching my children to stand on their own two feet. From now till forever, I will be preparing them and showing them the way, helping them to take pride in knowing that they can do things on their own.
I love you my little angels. Mommy will always see you as my little girls, no matter how old you are. The day God brought you into my world, was the best day ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment