Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Big Little Moment #22-2012 Goals

I can't believe how fast time flies!  It's 2012 already and that means....I'll be leaving my twenties behind.  Yes, I'll be turning 30!  Haha, I never thought this day will come.  But I'm super excited now.  There's a lot of change coming up in my 30th year.  So much so that I feel like I'm starting all over again.  It's scary at times because I really don't know what lies ahead of me.  One thing is for sure, I have to have faith in the plan God has set forth for me.  So here goes, my goals for 2012.

Health
  • Lose 15 pounds at get back to my pre pregnancy weight.
  • Eat a better diet.  I feel like my pregnancy cravings never went away even after giving birth.  I love junk food.  I want to eat more natural foods, veggies, and fruits.
  • Sleep earlier.
  • Take more vitamins.
  • Not get sick as much.  I get sick a lot from the kids.  This really puts a damper in my training. 
Fitness
  • Complete the Warrior Dash in March.
  • Set a personal record of 1:10 for the Great Aloha Run (8.1 mile run).
  • Set a personal record of a sub 4:30 Honolulu Marathon.
  • At least try to get the ball rolling on running a Boston Marathon qualifying time.
Spiritual
  • Try to start my day with devotions at least 3 days out of the week.
  • Attend life group more regularly.  Maybe even start one of my own for working moms or teachers.
  • Get baptized with B.
  • Do a baby/children's dedication for the girls.
  • Strengthen my faith in God's plan.
  • Serve in a ministry with Bernard.
  • Pray more for those I feel that have wronged me.
Emotional
  • Set clear boundaries for myself.
  • Reach out more to friends/family in times of need.  I'm not alone.
  • Not be afraid of bothering people, just pick up the phone and call. 
  • Make at least 5 new friends.
  • Join a running/training group.
  • Look for the positive in things no matter what the circumstances.
  • Better time management.
Relationships
  • Carve out more quality time with B.
  • Date nights regularly.
  • Be more patient with B.
  • Spend more time with those I cherish.
Professional
  • Grow in my career as an educator.
  • Get the ball rolling on my Master's Degree and National Certification.
  • Take more PD courses to fine tune my teaching craft.
  • Have a healthy balance of work and family.


        1 comment: