Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Big Little Moment #14-Growing Up

I can't believe that Mady is almost 6 months old already!  And Maya is 2 years old.  This past month has brought so many positive changes for the girls.  First of all, Mady kept waking up in the middle of night.  It was driving us nuts and come to find out, it was because Mady was frustrated.  She really wanted a bigger place to sleep so she could roll around and find a comfortable spot.  Soooo.....one Sunday, we threw out an old bed, gave Maya's crib to Mady, and gave Maya her own "big girl" bed.  Maya was so excited..but the poor thing rolled off the bed when she took a nap.  So, B and I bought her a guard rail complete with her favorite Sanrio characters bed sheets. 


Daddy read Maya her favorite book.  Maya was all good once she had her two favorite stuffed animals.  What a big girl.
 Mady checking out her new crib!  She totally loves all the new space she has.  She's been sleeping through the night and wakes up at around 7:30!
 Then, our Mady Bear started to get fussy again.  I guess she was going through a growth spurt.  Sooo, we decided to start Mady on solids when she turned 5 1/2 months old.  I decided to try making baby food on my own and it really wasn't too bad.  We started with green beans.  I probably should steam it, but we don't have a steamer.  Therefore, settled  for boiling the veggies.  Then, I added some formula to the cooked green beans and blended it all up with a hand blender.  The end result was a yummy treat that Mady just couldn't get enough of.  And she still had plenty of room for breast milk after, too.  Maya started saying, "Mady chubby!"  Yup, my little dumpling really is filling up!
And we officially started active potty training!  Tried to take off the diapers for good once before Maya turned two and that was a major disaster.  This time around, it's much better.  I don't know how people do it in 3 days, but to me, potty training takes time.  It's an amazing thing to do if you think about it.  Maya has to learn to read her body signs, hold her shee-shee and doo-doo, and go in the potty.  All this time she could just do it in her diaper.  I never realized that we the parents also have to be ready to potty train.  It's a major commitment and you have to be patient and consistent.  Maya still needs to master nap time, night time, and going out.  Riding her favorite horsie ride is her reward for a good day of potty training.  Lucky Girl!  Hahaha!

And the biggest change of all was sending Maya to preschool!  We went school supplies shopping and everything.  On her first day of school, Maya just dove in and went straight for the toy box.  Then, she wasn't paying attention and she walked into a table which caused her to cry.  Of course she was still crying when we left.  But when I picked her up, she was all smiles.  Maya really loves going to preschool!  I was so nervous about it being too soon to send her, but Maya has been doing fabulous.  Every morning, she just walks right in and won't look back.

With all these changes, I'm so happy and proud of my girls.  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be at home with the girls for a while.  I am thankful that I get to see all these changes.  I am in awe of how quickly time flies.  That's why it's so important to live life to the fullest and appreciate all the small little blessings and miracles that happen everyday.  I look at my two girls and I am in awe of how wonderful GOD is.  I am humbled beyond words when I think about how God felt that I was worthy enough to be given two precious angels.  To be a parent is truly a gift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment